I have bought records since 1962 when I was 10. My first record purchase was a 45 r.pm. single, “Monster Mash” by Bobby “Boris” Pickett and the Crypt-Kickers. I bought that single at the record department at the 5&10 downtown Norwalk, Ct. The H.L. Green 5&10 record department was a mixture of 45 r.p.m. and vinyl records.
I have built a large music collection since then…
Roll ahead now 50 years to Record Store Day, Black Friday 2012. My son and I headed out together as we love to support the record stores and Record Store Day. Today’s shopping excursion consisted of two participating stores.
1) Exile on Main Street, 267 E. Main Street, Branford, Ct.
I also bought The Lumineers, Winter EP, a 10″ vinyl recording. We love The Lumineers since we saw them in concert this past April
2) Redscroll Records, 24 North Colony Street, Wallingford, Ct.
- The Beat Goes On…..Record Store Day 2012, Black Friday Edition (musicofourheart.me)
- Black Friday’s 11 Must-Have Vinyl Releases (maysixteen.wordpress.com)
- Record Store Day – Black Friday 2012 (musicofourheart.me)