The music of our heart from a Father and Son point of view reflects on 1969 and the recording Hot Rats.
Hot Rats is the second solo album by Frank Zappa, released in October 1969. It was Zappa’s first recording project after the dissolution of the original Mothers of Invention. In his original sleeve notes Zappa described the album as “a movie for your ears.”
The musicians on that track are:
- Frank Zappa — guitar, octave bass.
- Ian Underwood — keyboards, flute, saxophone, clarinet
- Shuggie Otis — bass
- Ron Selico — drums
The album was dedicated to Zappa’s newborn son, Dweezil Zappa. In February 2009, Dweezil’s band, Zappa Plays Zappa and former Zappa alumni Steve Vai andNapoleon Murphy Brock won a Grammy for Best Rock Instrumental Performance for their rendition of “Peaches en Regalia.”
- Released on this day in 1969! Hot Rats ~ Frank Zappa (downinthegroovemusic.wordpress.com)
- Dweezil Zappa performs the music of Frank Zappa (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Frank Zappa and Shuggie Otis: Shimmering, gorgeous 9-minute acoustic jam, 1970 (dangerousminds.net)
- From father to son ; Dweezil Zappa celebrates his father’s groundbreaking music and keeps it fresh for a new generation [Buffalo News (NY)] (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Jam of the Week: Frank Zappa (therockrenaissance.com)