I’ve been viewing the ultimate collection box set, Here Come The Nice, The Immediate Years 1967-1969 from The Small Faces. Box sets always fascinate me from on a content, design and merchandise basis. The purpose of this limited edition (3,000 signed copies) is to commemorate the Small Faces recent induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
My reaction to the Small Faces box set was positive as I watched Kenny Jones breakdown the merchandising elements I felt compelled to buy one of these sets, (Amazon U.S. $152.90).
• 4 CDs – 75 songs remastered from original tapes
• 72-page hardback book, lavishly illustrated
• 3 rare singles in red, white & blue vinyl
• Olympic Studios 7-inch replica acetate
• 64-page softcover illustrated lyric book
• 5 postcards with rare photos & artwork
• Ogdens’ Nut Gone Flake facsimile press kit
• 2 large-size reproduction posters
• 2 exclusive Gered Mankowitz fine art prints
Personally signed by Kenney Jones & Ian McLagan – limited to only 3,000 copies worldwide!
“It’s all so beautiful”